viernes, 9 de octubre de 2015

Realm of Chaos 80s: A Tale of Four Oldhammer Gamers: Week Four

Realm of Chaos 80s: A Tale of Four Oldhammer Gamers: Week Four:
Trust me to choose something really challenging to begin with, eh? And
'challenging' is perhaps understating the Palanquin of Nurgle now that I
think about it. The photograph above shows you how far I have got with
it at the time of writing, and with Chico ringing in and showing off his
completed hobgoblin templedog and rider, my first month is doomed to
disaster. There is simply no way that this model is going to be finished
by the end of September.




But that wasn't for trying. 


The last time I posted about this palanquin I had just finished off the
nurgling base - which took a full weekend! I have spent the little time
that I have had in the last week to tinker away at the throne itself. I
wanted to go for something opulent, so chose purple as the colour scheme
for the padding on the chair and worked out from there. I used the
excellent Foundry paint triad for the carved bone supports and orange
for the tassels that hang from underneath the seat itself. 
Wanting to continue with the filthy/ornate look, I chose a night sky
effect to paint onto the side panels of the throne, and used a nice
sickly yellow to represent the stars and moons. 




Those three faces that leer so wonderfully from the back of the
palanquin deserved to be properly painted. I felt that standard Nurgle
'grimdark' wasn't where I wanted to go with this model, nor the army
that will form around it. Inspired by the very luminous colour choices
on chaos miniatures in Bryan's collection, I decided to have a go at
something similar. 




I toyed with a few ideas about the final design, and in the end went for
red to match with the face above. I have just started to work on the
gold edging and need to begin highlighting the base and wash you can see
here. I won't go too bright, and hope a more grimy gold can be achieved
with a little time invested but that won't be until next weekend as
school life beckons once more. 
Still, it's October next month and that means a half-term. So hopefully,
I can get two hundred points complete next month, as well as getting
this classic Citadel miniature finished. 
We will speak again next weekend. 
Be sure to follow the journeys of my Brothers in Oldhammer; Paul, Steve and Chico - they sound like an alternative universe Beatles - as they complete their first month's work. 
Orlygg

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Mi lista de blogs