lunes, 8 de abril de 2013

Goblin Lee's Miniatures Blog. : Slann . As promised, here are photographs of the...

Goblin Lee's Miniatures Blog. : Slann . :As promised, here are photographs of the some of the painted parts of my 1st to 3rd Ed Slann army.


I started collecting Slann with the 'Magnificent Sven' offer in the 2nd Ed Warhammer rules, and continued collecting and gaming until the demise of 3rd ed (although I have picked up odds and ends since!) .
 I was always drawn to the background, combining Aztec/Inca/Maya bacground with the Von Daniken ideas. I have taken great care to collect the same figure for each of the regiments to give a uniform appearance. For the Spawn Bands I collected a mix of minautres as they are a milita of sorts, however I have'nt as yet photographed those. The standards used I bought from Outpost games Maya range.
Whilst gaming, I earned the nickname 'the Slann Man', and always enjoyed painting and collecting them, although they were not always the best army in gaming terms.
I will paint more as time goes on  as I have at least as many again as well as cold one riders, scouts, pygmies, Eagle Warriors, and all manner of Slann based wierdness .


A Bull Slann regiment.


 Close up.
Jungle Braves, painted as poison frogs. 


 More Bull Slann


 More Jungle Braves.

 Used as Alligator warriors with double handed weapons (2HW, if you prefer!)
 Back and front.
 The proper Alligator warrior miniatures.
 The second, smaller unit of Alligator warrior compirised of 10 Slann.
 For those interested, they produced two types of miniature for the Alligator warrior. The One on the left has a plain back, whereas the one of the right (who makes up the whole of my smaller Alligator regiment) has an intrigal fin on the back. This is not a convertion but a seperate type.
 Fat and orange; a Slann Wizard on a palanquin.
Another slann Wizard.
 A third Slann Wizard, converted by me to wield a sword.
 Slann Emperor, using the old Slann slave palanquin, but a more modern figure from Gazpez Arts.
 Low level Slann Wizard, painted as a priest.
 Slann Cold One warhounds, with handlers (some converted handlers).
 Both types of Cold Ones, with both head types.
 Slann handlers.
 A wide shot of the Slann (with a ceramic cat looking on from the shelf below!)
The Slann from the side.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Mi lista de blogs