lunes, 3 de junio de 2013

davetaylorminiatures: Tutorial - Brassy Bronze

davetaylorminiatures: Tutorial - Brassy Bronze: With my last WIP of my Knight, a couple of you were interested in how I'd done the brassy bronzey armor plates. Well, here's a quick recipe to get you started on your own tarnished/burnished combo.



Step 1: I used Vallejo's Tinny Tin as the base coat.

Step 2: Highlight with a mix of Tinny Tin and Vallejo Brassy Brass.

Step 3: Highlight with Brassy Brass.

Step 4: Begin shading with thinned wash of Vallejo Charred Brown mixed with a little Black.

Step 5: Continue shading by adding more Black.

Step 6: Once you are satisfied with the depth of your shading, take it one step further with a thin glaze mixed from two Secret Weapon washes - Storm Cloud and Algae.

Some of this may be a little tough to see in the color swatches above, but it works pretty much in that progression. Of course, feel free to add a few more "in between" steps if you feel the need.

I hope you have fun with it!


And I wasn't sure if I'd shown you the updated insectoid-walker for my army. It has previously sported green armor plates and has been used as a Defiler : )

Cheers
Dave

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Mi lista de blogs