viernes, 31 de enero de 2014

Flameon Miniatures: Black color painting tutorial

Flameon Miniatures: Black color painting tutorial: Hello,

After many years of not doing anything, I've finally decided to share
with the community my way of painting black color. I hope that You will
find this article useful.





For painting black I use those 3 Vallejo Model Color paints, matt medium
and Citadel chaos black. Chaos black is being used for deepest shadows,
becouse it's a little bit glossy, and I add a little bit of medium for
making washes.





This is how these paints look like on a palete





And this is the miniature:







1. First step is making big lines using black gray paint in places where
the armour will be shining. It's important to make shining spots also
in some of the shadows, but there they will be less bright.





2. Next I mix blue grey pale with black gray until I have a color like
this one on the next picture. It's a little bit like 60% black gray and
40% of blue grey pale but I'm not sure because I'm just mixing until I
get a tone like this one.





 And then I paint a smaller line inside this big one.





3. I add more blue grey pale





4. Then I paint another small line inside the bigger one.





5. Now I make washes using black from Vallejo, and another one from GW,
and the last one is from blue grey pale. I never use ready washes,
always do them myself, just mixing paint with water and a little bit of
medium.





6. After that, I just spend a lot of time painting spaces between layers
of grey paint with grey pale wash until they will be blurry. It's not
easy, and for that step I use only the tip of my brush and I'm moving it
along layers.





7.Now as You can see it's just a big grey line. So now I'm using my
black wash for the blurry spaces between the grey line and the black
space. For that I move side of my brush across and just hook the edges
of the lines. after that step I have this.





8.In this step I'm making the same thing with chaos black wash. But now I
hook just the edge where it's alredy black because I just want to make
the darkest places more glossy. Black from vallejo is very matt so
without this step you would just have a very dark grey miniature ;)





9. In the last step I just make edges more visible with a mix of blue
grey pale and just a little bit of black grey. I also added a little bit
of clear blue grey pale in the spotes where I want the armour to be the
most shining.



10. And this is how the miniature looks after painting more spaces then just one leg ;)





As You can see his right leg is too grey so I will have to work a little bit on that with black washes.

I hope that You will find this tutorial usefull.



I would like to recommend You visiting my facebook page, because this is
the place where I show most of this what I'm currently working on: 
https://www.facebook.com/Flameon.Miniatures



Regards

Flameon

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Mi lista de blogs